Saturday 1 January 2011

Country Fair





I found these little gems hiding in a charity shop . They date from 1950/51 and are primarily aimed at farmers and other country gentry. Although not of the huntin' shootin' and fishin' persuasion myself there's quite a lot of interesting information relating to all things country - as the title suggests. There's also lots of 1950s adverts which, as I'm sure we're all aware, are usually game for a laugh. Some are for odd contraptions which wouldn't look out of place in the "innovations" catalogue. However, I did just buy these because I like the covers. There's actually some black and white illustrations inside which are also pretty good. Although I've only shown some of them here, I have 12 issues each featuring animals with a different main colour. I particularly like the one with the black lamb, although I wouldn't want to bump into it on a dark night - it looks mean!

2 comments: